Private Night Safari and Astronomy by Platinum Heritage
Supplied by: Platinum Heritage Desert Safari
Explore the Dubai desert at night in search of nocturnal animals, using UV arachnid lights. After your discoveries, relax in the peaceful desert camp of local royalty and admire the desert sky filled with stars as you snack on complimentary treats and sip on some Arabic coffee.
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels between 5:30pm and 6:30pm (depending on the season)
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and receive your Adventure Pack including a sheila or ghutra (traditional headscarf)
- Drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover spotting nocturnal wildlife
- Walk through the dunes by torchlight on a hunt for scorpions and other desert creepy crawlies
- Arrive at a torch-lit desert retreat
- Enjoy a three-course dinner at an exclusive camp inside the desert retreat of the local royal family
- Take part in an astronomy session with a professional astronomer and a telescope
- Return to the hotel between 10:00pm and 11:30pm
Explore the Dubai desert after the sun has set and the temperature cooled. Watch the desert come alive with nocturnal animals, and gaze at a sky filled with stars.
You will travel to the desert by a vintage 1950s Land Rover. Then, using UV arachnid lights, channel your inner explorer as you embark on a search for nocturnal animals. Even daytime animals can emerge from their hideouts to drink, forage, and frolic after the heat of the day.
Experience the tranquil desert atmosphere a world away from the hustle and bustle of the busy city.
After your nature safari, relax at an open-air camp belonging to the local royal family. Enjoy the cool desert air under a blanket of stars, as a three-course dinner and drinks are served. You will also get the chance to try a bit of aromatic shisha pipe for a truly authentic Arabic experience.
Choose to book for a group of 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 people.
- Transfers from and to Dubai hotels
- Night drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a vintage Land Rover
- Nature walk
- A three-course dinner at an exclusive camp inside the desert retreat of the local royal family
- Astronomy session with a professional telescope
- Highly trained conservation guide with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of the UAE
- Alcoholic beverages
Know before you go
Pick-up from Dubai hotels is between 06:00pm and 06:30pm.The operator will contact you within 24h to 48h of the tour date to confirm pick up location and time. If we are not able to reach you, we kindly ask you to contact us. Pick-up from private residences cannot be accommodated, only from hotels. Vegetarian, child meals and, kosher meals are available upon request on booking. As our safari drives do not do dune bashing, pregnant ladies can join our safari till the second trimester. After that they could be dropped at the camp. In case of changes to timings or otherwise, we can reach out to the hotel and to guests directly if their working contact number is provided. We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance that will cover you in case of unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from joining your scheduled tour. We will be more than happy to provide evidence to your insurance company if you were unable to join us. Children's seats are available.
As a summer offer the following add-ons are complimentary until the 30th of Sept 2023:
-Short camel ride around the camp.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before booked date. No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
- Monday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Tuesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Wednesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Thursday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Friday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Saturday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Sunday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM