Private Overnight Safari with Astronomy and Hot Air Balloon Experience
Supplied by: Platinum Heritage Desert Safari
An evening safari that allows guests to discover the best of the Dubai desert and its nightlife after dark. Enjoy a starry night in the desert followed by an unforgettable hot air balloon flight at sunrise.
- 60-minute nature safari at night in a private vintage Land Rover
- Knowledgeable conservation guide
- Nocturnal eco-walk with UV light looking for desert nightlife like scorpions, beetles and even wildlife
- Three-course dinner
- Immersive shared astronomy session with a professional astronomer and telescope
- Owl encounter
- Overnight stay
- Hot air balloon ride at sunrise
- Gourmet breakfast
The best way to learn about the Arabian night sky is by venturing into the desert on a private night safari, followed by an immersive astronomy session. Explore the desert after dark in a 1950s Land Rover, before embarking on a nocturnal eco-walk. Discover the mysteries of the desert, whilst your knowledgeable conservation guide tells you more about the desert nightlife.
Relax in a traditional open-air Bedouin camp, smoke flavourful shisha and savour a delicious three-course dinner featuring Emirati dishes. The evening ends on a high note as a professional astronomer takes you on a journey through the galaxies and tells tales about the starry sky and how the Bedouin used it to find their way. After an unforgettable evening spent around the bonfire in a traditional majlis, retreat to your private room, these Arabic stone dwelling rooms are inspired by how the Bedouin designed and built their accommodation. Enjoy a restful sleep with no sounds or lights from the city to interrupt. Your room is fully equipped with a bed and comfortable bedding.
Rise before the sun to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime hot air ballooning experience. Floating at sunrise over the pristine dunes of the Dubai desert is something you will never forget. A gourmet breakfast awaits you after landing and will compete your unforgettable time in a magical setting in the desert, you’ll return to Dubai with your appetite for adventure fully satisfied!
- Pick-up and drop-off in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Night drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a private vintage Land Rover
- Walk through the dunes by torchlight on a hunt for scorpions and other desert creepy-crawlies
- Three-course dinner
- Astronomy session with a professional telescope
- Overnight stay in a traditional Arabic stone dwelling room. You will be provided with all the amenities like a comfortable bed, pillows, sheets
- Shared bathroom facilities are available at the camp
- Hot air balloon flight at sunrise
- Gourmet breakfast
Know before you go
Hotel pick-up from Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman in a private air-conditioned vehicle. The operator will contact you within 24h to 48h of the tour date to confirm pick up location and time.
As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and comfortable cool clothes. During winter (December- February) we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
Dinner includes a salad, main course and dessert. We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated.
Bathroom facilities are available in the desert and at the camp and are shared.
Our camps are solar-powered. You will be provided a torch as the light will be switched off at night.
Your desert safari is conducted by highly trained conservation guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai.
A portion of your desert safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
The following languages are on request and subject to availability: French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish, Russian.
Alcohol is generally not permitted in the Arabic culture, and while the rulers of the country have shown great flexibility in allowing service in hotels, we are committed to stay true to local traditions and showcase the authenticity, warmth and hospitality of this region. For these reasons, we do not serve alcohol on our tours, nor do we allow our guests to bring it along.
As a summer offer the following add-ons are complimentary until the 30th of Sept 2023:
- Short camel ride around the camp.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before booked date. No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
- Monday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Tuesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Wednesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Thursday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Friday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Saturday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Sunday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM