Private Heritage Desert Safari by Platinum Heritage
Supplied by: Platinum Heritage Desert Safari
Explore the unbeatable magic of the Arabian Desert while getting a look into the Emirati culture and heritage. Let the day wind down while enjoying a delicious dinner and some entertainment at the Bedouin-style desert camp.
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels between 02:30PM and 04:30PM
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra
- Embark on a wildlife drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show in the sand dunes
- Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp
- Be entertained by traditional henna tattoos, live bread-making, Arabic coffee-making, camel rides and aromatic shisha pipes
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert
- Enjoy cultural Emirati performances such as drumming and Yola
- Return to the hotel between 09:30PM and 11:30PM (depending on the season)
Experience the most awarded desert safari in Dubai. Take a step back in time and experience Dubai as it was in the 1950s on an adventure in the Dubai desert with a professional conservation guide.
Unlike any other Dubai desert safari, we will take you on a fascinating wildlife drive in a 1950’s vintage Land Rover. As the first motorised vehicles used in the Dubai desert, these Series 1 and 2 Land Rovers have become symbolic to Dubai’s heritage and venturing to unexplored territories.
Spot native wildlife like the Arabian oryx in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and stop at a Ghaf tree forest in the dunes for the most spectacular photo opportunities in the desert. Learn about the unique desert ecosystem and discover how the Bedouin survived in the desert in harmony with the desert animals and plant life.
Witness a spectacular falcon show led by a professional falconer and watch these magnificent birds in full flight. Learn about ancient training techniques and how the Bedouin used falcons for hunting. Watch the Arabian sun setting providing a mesmerising backdrop to the endless sand dunes.
Afterwards, arrive at an authentic Bedouin camp, gently lit with traditional lamps and nestled inside a private desert retreat. Discover the rich culture and traditions of Dubai’s heritage with live demonstrations of Arabic coffee and bread-making, henna painting, camel rides and traditional performances. Feast on a four-course dinner under the stars, before relaxing in our Arabic majilis area and trying some shisha (hubbly bubbly) if you desire.
History comes to life in this once-in-a-lifetime desert safari in Dubai!
- Hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up time is between 02:30PM and 04:30PM depending on the season. We will share the exact pick-up time with you on the morning of the experience
- Return to the hotel between 09:30PM and 11:30PM
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless steel water bottle and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home
- We recommend (especially during summer) to wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and comfortable cool clothes
- During winter (December- February) we recommend bringing something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated
- Bathroom facilities are available in the desert and at the camp
- Your desert safari is conducted by highly trained conservation guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai
- A portion of your safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai
- The following languages are on request and subject to availability: French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish, Russian
Know before you go
Please be prepared for pick-up between 02:30PM – 04:30PM. The operator will contact you within 24h to 48h of the tour date to confirm pick up location and time. If we are not able to reach you, we kindly ask you to contact us. Pick-up from private residences cannot be accommodated, only from hotels. Vegetarian, child meals and Kosher meals are available upon request on booking. As our safari drives do not do dune bashing, pregnant ladies can join our safari until the second trimester. After that they could be dropped at the camp. In case of changes to timings or otherwise, we can reach out to the hotel and to guests directly if their working contact number is provided. We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance that will cover you in case of unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from joining your scheduled tour. We will be more than happy to provide evidence to your insurance company if you were unable to join us.
As a summer offer the following add-ons are complimentary until the 30th of Sept 2023:
-Air-conditioned car option.
-Fresh oysters from Arabian Gulf.
-Traditional Syrian ice cream to cool you down.
-Owl encounter and photo opportunity.
-Immersive stargazing session.
-Regional coffee and tea tasting for a cultural journey.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before booked date. No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
- Monday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Tuesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Wednesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Thursday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Friday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Saturday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Sunday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM