Middle Eastern Food Pilgrimage
Supplied by: Frying Pan Adventures
Join an experience that feels less like a tour and more like a dinner party with about 10-12 well-traveled and culture seeking guests.
- Feast on dishes of Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq and Syria; of course we’ll check off falafels and hummus too!
- Join an experience that feels less like a tour and more like a dinner party with about 10 to 12 well-traveled and culture seeking guests.
- Hear stories of Middle Eastern food, culture and communities from a resident guide who is knowledgeable and passionate about the region.
- Visit restaurants where the staff treat us less like ‘customers’ and more like old friends and family.
- Meet like-minded travelers and even residents who are looking for an authentic experience far away from the touristy clichés.
- Immerse yourself in food traditions of the region, such as learning the intricate art of serving coffee.
- Visit places where old timers shop for baklava, Arabic cookies and other delicious export-friendly souvenirs.
Exploring the Middle Eastern cuisines of old Dubai’s food scene is difficult without a guide to steer you to the right dishes and restaurants. With this small-group half-day tour, enjoy the must-tries and hear their backstories. Plus, visit a range of Middle East restaurants to ensure you experience a culinary cross-section—difficult to achieve on DIY food tours. Feast on dishes of Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq and Syria; of course we’ll check off falafels and hummus too!
- Corner Falafel Cafeteria - Design your own falafel sandwich using delicious ‘stuffed’ falafels and all the trimmings: hummus, fried eggplant and cauliflower, three kinds of sauces and pickles.
- Palestinian-Jordanian Restaurant - Sample a sweet cheese pastry made just for us, fresh off the fire. This decadent pie is topped with crunchy noodles and pistachios. (G/N/D)
- Lebanese Baklava Shop - Experience the timeless customs of local Arabic coffee or ‘gahwa’ with a pressed date cookie and pistachio ‘cookies and cream’. Mixed boxes of baklava and Arabic cookies also available for purchase. (G/N/D)
- Syrian Restaurant - Visit a popular Syrian eatery for a popular meaty snack and for our vegetarian guests, we’ll bring out freshly baked za’atar and cheese flatbreads.
- Iraqi Restaurant - Partake of ancient Iraqi culinary customs with a traditional wood-fire smoked Iraqi fish* (F) OR kebabs* (M). *Food selection varies based on group size
- Allergens Key: Contains G-Gluten; D-Dairy; N-Nuts; M-Meat (Beef/Lamb); P-Poultry; F-Fish; S-Shellfish. We regret that there may not be substitutes for dishes. Even if specific dishes do not contain these ingredients, we cannot guarantee against cross-contamination of allergens in the restaurant kitchens.
- Drinks other than water
- Earphones for our audio system -- make sure to carry earphones with a 35mm jack (else you may also purchase them on the tour)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Substitutions in case of allergies/restrictions
Know before you go
We meet at Diva Gents Salon in Deira (not the Satwa branch!) It’s right outside Al Rigga Metro Exit #2, Al Rigga Road. Please be on time, we don’t wait for latecomers!
GPS link: https://goo.gl/maps/a4KruNcHPPCrJcih6
IF YOU'RE RUNNING LATE
Guests running late past the tour start time assume full responsibility for finding the group and joining the tour. The guide is not responsible for answering phone calls after the tour start time, for coordinating with any latecomers, nor for providing missed information/food for guests who join after the tour has already started.
Should you miss the group, we'd request you to arrive at Sultan Falafel restaurant on Murraggabat road. (Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/aarxxZH9nJD2)
All attending guests must be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Please ensure that all guests in your party will bring their own earphones (with connector for 3.55 mm jack) to enable participation in the tour guide's audio system. In case you don't bring your own earphones you agree to buy these from your tour guide for AED 25.00, to be paid in cash (UAE Dirham)
Please note that accommodating food restrictions is not possible due to the nature of the dishes ordered for the group and that even if a dish does not contain an ingredient, there is the possibility of cross-contamination in the restaurant kitchens.
Email: [email protected]